Since spring 2019, Work in Estonia has carried out the “Re-invent Yourself” programme to support international spouses in Estonia in re-inventing themselves professionally. Ever since the project has showed continuous success, as more than half of the participants have found a job or other professional activities in the months following and the programme is highly recommended by the participants.
Moving to a new country together with your partner can be quite challenging. Often as the accompanying spouse, you have to leave behind your career – thus setting your professional goals and path in a new environment can be rather complicated.
Questions like “Can I even work here without knowing the language?”, “What are my options for working?”, “Where to find professional contacts?” or “How to set up a company or find volunteering opportunities?” are common. And without having a network of people around you, it is hard to answer them.
The 4-week programme aims at making this transition a lot easier, through the following:
- Training sessions for adjusting in Estonia, inventing your career in a new environment, presenting yourself at the labour market, learning about business networking and local business culture or setting up your own company.
- Networking meetings with local professionals, HR managers and recruiters to understand the labour market in Estonia and to create individual business contacts.
- Individual career and networking consultations from Töötukassa (Public Employment Service) consultants and program managers to each participant to help you plan your career and establish business contacts and open doors to target companies based on your interests and field of activities.
The 2022 programmes are organised by Work in Estonia in cooperation with Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund and MoveMyTalent. The events will be held in English at the International House of Estonia in Ülemiste, Tallinn and the program is free of charge.Participants are expected to attend all sessions.
Upcoming 2022 Sessions will take place in (Registration for each group opens few weeks before the sessions start):
- Third Group: 9 May- 1 June
- Fourth Group: 5- 28 September
- Fifth Group: 10 October- 2 November
- Sixth Group: 21 November- 14 December
Due to the high demand for positions, we can only accept participants who meet the program’s target group:
- You are an accompanying partner/spouse of a foreign specialist, who relocated to Estonia for work
- You are currently not working in Estonia
- You’re residing in Estonia and are motivated & ready to actively start looking for a job or other professional activity immediately
‘I commend the Estonian government for sponsoring and approving this program, it significantly shows how welcoming and assisting the state really is. I also commend the organizers of this program for doing a great job by helping us (the participants) in our career pursuit.‘ – 1st group programme participant
Registration is closed for now!