- District Administration address:
Nõmme Linnaosa Valitsus
Reg. no. 75014882
Valdeku 13, 11621 Tallinn
Phone: (+372) 645 7333
Email: [email protected]
- Area 29.17 km², population 37,518.
- Types of buildings: Cozy brick or timber private and small apartment buildings with private gardens with many trees.
- Renting price avg: €400 per month for apartments
- Buying price avg: from €83,000 for apartments, from €300,000 for houses
- Your typical neighbor: Pensioners, young and not so young families.
- Why Nõmme? The garden neighborhood with hundreds of thousands of pine trees, this is the least densely populated and quietest suburb of the capital with street vibes from 1920s and 1930s. Highly recommended.
- History brief: only a few tiny villages before the 1880s when Nikolai von Glehn started to sell and rent plots. In 1900 already 300 romantic summer cottages and smaller villas were built. During the war years the building process slowed down but continued after that.
- Key center: Nõmme Keskus (Nõmme Center) has the Cultural Center (Nõmme Kultuurikeskus), a market (Nõmme turg) and a tiny shopping mall.
- Special events: The Cultural Center holds events, like dancing, occasional cinema and theater shows.