- District Administration address:
Mustamäe Linnaosa Valitsus
Reg. no. 75014267
Tammsaare tee 135, 12915 Tallinn
Phone: (+372) 645 7500 and (+372) 645 7511
Email: [email protected]
- Area 8.09 km², population 66,245.
- Types of buildings: mostly blocks of flats built in 1960s and 1970s, some private housing exists.
- Renting price avg: €400-550 per month
- Buying price avg: €2000 per square meter
- Your typical neighbor: all types of people, local families and working class to university students and foreign professors as well as foreign students.
- Why Mustamäe? This is a neighborhood that has a lot of parks and other types of public green areas – 44% of the area is green, creating a positive vibe to the place.
- History brief: the first villages in the area have been traced back to the year 1686. As with Lasnamäe, the Soviet occupation resulted in major changes in the area. Fortunately new office buildings, private housing and also apartment buildings have been built during the last 20 years that add great economic as well as aesthetic value.
- Key center: Mustamäe Center (Mustamäe Keskus) that features restaurants, a cinema, multiple services and, of course, shopping. One of the best universities in Estonia, Tallinn University of Technology, is also based in Mustamäe.
- Special events: in winter a light festival called the Might of Light (Valguse Vägi) is held. It also may be worth to pay a visit to the University of Technology (Tallinna Tehnikaülikool) to see what’s going on among the academic bunch.