- City Administration address:
Suur-Sepa 16, 80098 Pärnu
Phone: (+372) 444 8200
Email: [email protected]
- Area 32.2 km², population 51,334.
- Types of buildings: ranging from mid-19th century timber villas to modern apartment blocks where you can find a wonderful array to choose from for renting and buying
- Renting price avg: €350 per month
- Buying price avg: €1363 per square meter
- Your typical neighbor: from the seasonal Finns, Swedes, Germans and Russians in the summer to cool local DJs and theatre people in winter. Small but vibrant community year-round.
- Why Pärnu? Although the real estate prices are not cheap as this is the resort capital of Estonia, it is still worth it: you will find yourself in a quiet town during winter and in a mellow and cheerful crowd in the summer. The best pizzas and the best sandy beaches in the whole country! Worth trying: Pärnu Mud Baths.
- History brief: Founded in the year 1251 A.D., it is one of the oldest towns of Estonia. Both world wars rolled over Pärnu, so only some of the buildings in the city center and a few bridges were taken down/devastated/demolished.
- Key center: the Old Town of Pärnu
- Special events: Nüüdismuusika Päevad (the Festival of Modern Music) and Pärnu Keskajapäevad (the Medieval Days Festival of Pärnu), beach volleyball tournaments