Temporary Residence Permit
Information required for the application of the residence permit and the minimum salary criterion vary depending on your qualification.
More information is available on the website of the Police and Border Guard Board.
In most cases you have to apply for the permit in person at an Estonian representation abroad. When your short-term employment has been registered in prior, you can also apply for the permit at the Police and Border Guard Board.
Once your residence permit for employment is granted, you’ll receive a temporary residence card within 30 days after submitting the application document. (The application process of the residence permit for employment may last up to 2 months from the acceptance of the application.)
You’ll need the following when applying for a temporary residence permit for work:
- An application form
- An annex – Data Concerning Close Relatives and Family Members
- An identification document
- A 40×50 mm photo
- A document certifying the payment of the state fee
- A permission of the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund for employment (if required)
- Invitation by employer – shall be completed by the employer and submitted to the Police and Border Guard Board by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post (Pärnu mnt 139, 15060 Tallinn)
Instructions for filling out the forms can be found on the website of the Police and Border Guard Board.
More information on other types of temporary residence permits, exceptions, and requirements.
Find your closest Estonian representation that handles residence permit applications. Find a service office of the Police and Border Guard Board.
Have questions? Book a free consultation at International House of Estonia
International House of Estonia provides free personal consultations for foreigners, their families and local employers about settling in, documentation, healthcare, language programs etc. Located in Valukoja 8, Tallinn.