Applying for a D-Visa

The D-visa is a long-stay visa (for up to a year) that can be applied for the purpose of work, study or family relations.

It’s a reasonable option in case you only want to work with a short-term project or also if you want to start working as quickly as possible (and will apply for a residence permit in Estonia later). Your visa application can take up to 30 days to be processed.

What documents do you have to submit when applying for a long-stay visa?


Long-term visas are only issued at Estonian representations that handle visa applications.

You can contact the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with visa-related questions.

You can find more specific information about the application process at the representations.

This website uses cookies. By continuing to browse this webpage or closing this notice, you consent to the use of cookies. You may opt-out of your consent at any time by changing the settings of the device you are using and deleting your saved cookies. Have a look at our cookie policy.