Temporary Residence Permit
Information required for the application of the residence permit and the minimum salary criterion vary depending on your qualification.
See here Police and Border Guard Board’s website for more detailed information.
In most cases you have to apply for the permit in person at an Estonian representation abroad. When your short-term employment has been registered in prior, you can also apply for the permit at the Police and Border Guard Board.
Once your residency permit for employment is granted, you’ll receive a temporary residence card within 30 days after submitting the application document. (The application process of the residency permit for employment may last up to 2 months from the acceptance of the application.)
You’ll need the following when applying for a residence permit for work:
- An application form
- Annex – Data Concerning Close Relatives and Family Members
- An identification document
- A 40×50 mm photo
- A document certifying the payment of the state fee
- A permission of Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund for employment (if required)
- The employer can submit the invitation by employer to the Police and Border Guard Board by e-mail (email@example.com) or by post (Pärnu mnt. 139, 15060 Tallinn)
Instructions for filling out the forms can be found here.
More detailed information on other types of temporary residence permits, exceptions, and requirements can be found here.
Find your closest Estonian representation that handles the residence permit applications.